Sunday, May 27, 2007

Butter and Basil Sauce



I usually buy tomato sauce in batches of five or six jars at a time... Which is why I never expect to run out, and I am inevitably shocked to find that there are no jars left when I go to make a little ravioli. Chris and I buzz around the condo, checking out our creative hiding places that we have to utilize because I buy in bulk, and yet do not have the space for it. But sometimes, after checking all three upper cabinet areas, in the bedroom linen closet behind the dishwasher liquid, and under the bed -- I realize we really are out and I have to come up with something else.

Luckily, a little minced fresh garlic, some red pepper flakes, olive oil and butter will do the trick. And if you have some fresh basil and a little white wine to add at the end, so much the better. Tastes like you meant to give red sauce a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment