Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Kira's Brownies



As promised, I made Kira's brownies the very next day after she posted about them in a comment (see Kira's blog on my blogroll: "Shovel-It-In.") She stated that she uses the "one bowl" brownie recipe on the back of the Baker's unsweetened chocolate box. She said she also adds extra chocolate morsels and macadamia nuts. I did the same, except I added half a bag of chocolate and peanut butter morsels that I had. And next time I will crush up the nuts a bit smaller, instead of just throwing them in the way I did. I was in a big hurry to get these things in my mouwf.

Well, the resulting recipe will go next to my cornbread as an Untouchable for all time. I don't think I'll ever make another brownie. The morsels melted all through the mix, and the top is crispy and the inside, when heated for ten seconds each time in the micro, is a fresh and chocolate-lava gooey as the day it was born. Wait, I hate the word "gooey." And yet that it what it is. God is it gooey, and dare I say the forbidden word? Moist?

Thank you Kira. You've changed my life yet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment