Sunday, August 20, 2006

Chili Mac



About once a month for oh, my whole life, my dad would get a craving for Steak 'n Shake chili mac. We'd have to rush out and get it. I've often said that I think he was under the misgiving that there was a little fetus growing in his little potbelly, and he would get the cravings that would correspond to that condition.

I could never figure out why the chili mac I made at home never tasted like the mac at Steak 'n Shake. I even bought the chili that they sell there out of a can, and it still didn't taste right. Later I realized that there was chili sauce under the chili. Now I put the pasta sauce in the bowl, a healthy glug of chili sauce out of the bottle, and warm chili. Then the cheese, onions, and sometimes some sour cream. Shown in the picture above is my buddy Cameron's fantastic Howitzer Death Fart Chili that he was kind enough to send home with us. Well, that's what I call it. The effects last up to five days (that's tested fact, and not a joke), but lordy. Worth every green swamp cloud that the stuff emanates. Just make sure you look ahead on your calendar to what you have going on during the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment