Monday, August 28, 2006

Goat Cheese Portobello Salad



Wish I had a better pic... this is one from the olden days, when I was still using my trusty camera from junior high. No, Jen, it is not a Disk Camera. But it is the one I got right after that, so if you're sly you can figure about what year that was.

This salad is one I ripped off from the cafe that was downstairs in the office building I worked at in Skokie. It was really the only decent thing they had, but I could eat it just about every day... so that was ai'ight. I chop portobello mushrooms and red bell pepper, and cover them with my own vinaigrette (balsamic, olive oil, Italian seasoning and a little sugar). I keep that mix (peppers, mushrooms, vinaigrette) in the fridge, or bring it along that way so that I can mix it with the lettuce right before I eat it. Then I crumble in goat cheese, and top it with fried chow mein noodles. Oh, and scallions are good, too.

Might be my favorite salad. Until the next salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment