Monday, July 10, 2006

BBQ Bacon Deluxe Cheeseburger Pizza


The Loaded Gun...

I love to try new pizza ideas. I actually come up with some weirdos, based on what I have as leftovers ? but so far, everything has come out well. I usually use a Boboli or generic whole-wheat premade pizza crust (because I?m always looking for the extra nutritional edge on my junkfood), but you can choose your favorite homemade, refrigerated dough, or even Boyardee from the box is pretty good as a "base."

leftover beef or turkey burger patties, crumbled (you just need one or two)
chopped onions (I like to saut? them first) or green onions
tomatoes, chopped or sliced
crumbled bacon
canned mushrooms, drained, or saut?ed fresh
leftover French fries or potato wedges
pasta sauce, and a drizzle of BBQ sauce
cheddar cheese shreds, or mozzarella

You?ll have to trust me on the leftover French fries (for those of you familiar with Leona?s pizza, you?ll recognize that this is on their list of pizza ingredients, which is where I got the idea. Also, I?ve seen Emeril put mashed potatoes on his pizza -- but more on that later). I spread the pasta sauce on the bottom, top with all the ingredients but the cheese, and drizzle across with BBQ sauce. Then I top it with the cheese and bake. It's like three high cholesterol meals in one: a burger, fries, and a pizza. Of course I used turkey bacon and turkey meat, but you could totally use the beef and the pork and tell me, is there a better way to die?

Very good with a green salad with ranch dressing. Or, just dip the pizza in ranch dressing and skip the lettuce.


...Cocked, Locked, Ready to Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment