Sunday, July 2, 2006

Artichoke Hearts with Bleu Cheese



I got this recipe from the South Beach Diet book. Which I got for free. (And no, I'm not on the diet... Sporadically, maybe.) Since the first couple of times I've made it, I have probably added more bleu cheese and nuts each time! As per usual, I don't really follow the measurements anymore. The following reflects the way that I make the dish now (I'm too lazy to get up and look at the book. Anyway, this will taste better).

2 packages artichoke hearts
1/2 cup ground or pounded walnuts/pecans
1/2 cup bleu cheese/gorgonzola crumbles
grated parmesan
lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Rinse the frozen artichoke hearts under warm water until they separate and the ice is gone. Arrange in a baking dish. Stir in the gorgonzola or bleu, sprinkle with juice, salt and pepper to taste, and top with the nuts and parmesan. Spray lightly with cooking spray so that it browns nicely. Bake at about 350 degrees for ~ 25 minutes or until browned and cheese is melty.

This goes really well with the Chicken Roll-Ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment