Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Potatoes and Squash

To go along with my previous post about fried chicken, I thought that the mixed potatoes and squash were yummy enough to deserve their own post.



They were very simple. I washed and cut up one of those bags of mixed potatoes (some blue, some red, some gold) just into bite-sized halves (I got our bag at Trader Joe's, of course). I boiled them, and steamed diced acorn squash separately. I drained the taters, and combined them with the squash. I added just a little bit of cinnamon, brown sugar, butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper.

Another tasty variation on this would have been to continue along and mash them up together, using a little milk and/or chicken broth. I guess your chemistry teacher would call that a "physical" change, not a "chemical" one...

3 comments:

  1. [...] What’s This, “What’s for Dinner?” ← Potatoes and Squash [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I found this site through the Four of Clubs blog. Just wanted to let you know that I'm enjoying (and using) your ideas. I made this the other night for friends and it was a big success. I roasted mine instead of boiling. About half way through I added brocolli, and topped it with fresh parmesan when it came out of the oven. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man... That sounds great!! Broccoli and Parmesan cheese... what's better than that?

    ReplyDelete