Saturday, July 26, 2008

Salad Week: Herbed Chicken Salad

These salads are so simple, honestly, I had to post a week's worth just to avoid feeling guilty.

This one came out quite well, and made me feel just a little French. (And since I'm not a redneck, I'm okay with that.)

Herbed Chicken Salad

I pulled some chicken off a grocery store rotisserie chicken (or use leftover chicken), combined it with several diced and boiled Yukon Gold potatoes, and added lowfat mayonnaise (or regular) until it looked right to me. I diced and added scallions, parsley, and dill, then salt and pepper. You could really use whatever fresh herbs you have on hand, because the rest of the dish is "tabula rasa."

I like to serve a few big scoops of it on top of some greens, and drizzle dressing around the outside. Keeps in the fridge for over a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment