Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Summer and a Cup of Cheese Sauce

Been a busy few days with no time to post... Ended a run of "Oliver!" and had mom here for the weekend. Took a lot of pictures, though! I have quite a bit in the hopper, and there will be more posts to come in the next couple of days.

For today, I am still a bit short on time, so I have a photo of the last time I visited the Imax theatre in Lincolnshire to see the movie, 300. While renting movies last night, I was trying to explain to Ma why this movie was so great, but I may have used the phrase, "Shirtless men, fighting a lot" to get my point across one too many times. Wouldn't that be enough for anyone?

Well, it was enough for my friend Jen S. and I, who attended with some other friends with much anticipation. The movie did not disappoint. She and I both ordered a soft pretzel, with a side of cheese sauce at the theatre. Along with the drink, a single pretzel and the cheese came to nearly nine breathtaking dollars, which is I guess why they try to give you your money's worth in a sort of misplaced way... What we received for our dough was a small beverage cup, filled with liquid cheese along with our pretzels. Each. One of which I then attempted to photograph in the near-complete darkness.

Imax movie nacho cheese

About sixteen ounces of liquid cheese... Much like the movie, it was sort of repulsive and thrilling, all at once.

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to post this comment for a couple of days now...every time I looked at this entry title I thought it said "a cup of cheese soup." I got all excited thinking you made a cheese soup and then I scrolled down and it was about a cup of cheese SAUCE. Imagine my disappointment. LOL! For some reason I keep reading it as soup... don't know what's wrong with me.

    BTW - I can't for the life of me figure out how to set my Internet browser to autofill when I start typing. I always thought I was pretty computer savvy but now I'm hanging my head in shame. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links. I have Internet Explorer at work and I made sure the auto complete function was on, but so far it isn't completing anything. Oh well...it was worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete