Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Nonno's Seasoning

Just to have a post to refer to, here is what I put in a comment at one point about Nonno's seasoning mix:

"He takes fresh rosemary, sage, red pepper flakes and garlic cloves and minces them all very, very fine with a mezza luna, or curved two-handled blade. I think it might be done with a food processor, but I haven’t tried it yet… Then he packs it into little tubs, like old margarine or sour cream tubs. You can freeze it, and when you need some, you just flake it onto fish or chicken or whatever with a fork. It’s great on roasted potatoes, too! And one little tub lasts forever."

Nonno dices the mixture until it is just "speckles." That's my word, not his. :) It provides concentrated, fresh herb flavor.

1 comment:

  1. I tell you again Gina, "you are a whiz and a winner" plus that Nonno sounds pretty wise also. Thank you both - Gr. Shirley

    ReplyDelete