Saturday, January 21, 2012

Beef and Broccoli Rabe Penne


Here is another recipe from Clean Eating Magazine that I liked so well, I made it twice in just a couple of weeks. It is SO easy... So easy, I didn't even check the recipe the second time!

I'm really not sure that I have the right to reprint these recipes (in fact, I'm pretty sure I don't), and there isn't a page I can link to. But it's from the Jan/Feb issue, 2012, Page 47. You marinate the steak slices in a little tamari, and I whisked together some orange juice and some orange zest, and some red pepper flakes (separately). I used my zester to shave some garlic and ginger in the pan, then stir-fried the meat and red bell peppers into that. The broccoli rabe is chopped and rinsed, cooked for 1 minute in boiling salted water, then you fish it out with a spider and put your pasta in the same pot. It all comes together in the stir-fry pan after draining, then finish it with the orange glaze and some sesame oil at the end.

Does that count as "reprinting?" We'll find out.

I was always a bit timid of broccoli rabe, but boiled and drained like this and put into stir-fry, it is really delicious. I just chopped it up, leaves, stems, blossoms and all. And it is about 99 cents for a large bundle, so as a dark leafy green it is really economical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment