Monday, January 26, 2009

Spinach and Feta Scrambled Eggs

It's been a rough week. The baby has had the flu, and now she looks to be getting a cold. On top of everything else, we had to call a service repairman about our garbage disposal (something about someone shoving too many sweet potato peels down at once... Just wait until I get my hands on that no-good, lazy cook we've got), and today the dishwasher conked out.

If you're like me, and you feel like the subject of a Loretta Lynn song right about now, here's a timesaver: thaw and drain a package of spinach (squeeze that sucker good), and scramble it with a bunch of eggs and a package of feta cheese. You can reheat a bit of it each morning for a few days, along with some frozen waffles and coffee. You may poo-poo this idea and choose to eat only freshly scrambled eggs, but as Loretta says: "here in Topeka," my good food snob, "the coffee's boilin' over and the warsh needs a' hangin'/ one wants a cookie and a' one wants a' changin'/ Lord, one's on the way."

spinach and feta scrambled eggs

"Aw, gee, I hope it ain't twins uh-gain!"

2 comments:

  1. Yum, that sounds good! And the Loretta Lynn song is cracking me up. I have had times when I thought I might be on candid camera...Bob was out of town, one kid was sick and then Eva's goldfish died and I thought, "someone has to be filming this."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn it, woman. Now I want breakfast.

    ReplyDelete