Thursday, January 4, 2007

Matcha, Matcha, Mat-cha

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is one of the best things about California. If you ask me, anyway. Sadly, according to the store locator on their website, there are none within 200 miles of where I live. Franchise opportunity? Or should I say, "franchizoonity?"



They are vaguely similar to a Starbuck's, only they aren't really on every single corner like Starbucks are (in any city, including those in California.) Still, when visiting Dave, I make sure he goes out of his way so that I can git me a matcha, or Green Tea Iced Blended. Made with nonfat milk, and not too many calories -- if you get the small size. Which, of course, I don't. (Hey, I only get one once a year.)



Here is the one I had, lovingly placed atop Dave's car. I am crazy about the flavor of this variety, and while I will enthusiastically sample the purchases of others (Chris had a Pomegranite Blueberry that was nice), I have yet to find one that surpasses this flavor. It tastes like those enriched milk products you used to get as kids, like Tiger's Milk. Anybody remember that? It was a powder you added to your milk. I did an internet search for it, but all I turned up was set of results for the protein bars. Dad used to get ours at Kroger.

Anyway, I digress (or should I say "tigress?" Ehh.) I've tried the Starbuck's version, but this one, in my opinion, is far superior.

No comments:

Post a Comment