Friday, November 25, 2011

A "Clean Eating" Thanksgiving

I know, who would do a healthy Thanksgiving? Well, we're just those types of d-bags. And, I think we pulled it off! Wish I had gotten pics of mom's home-made pecan and pumpkin pies, and sweet dinner rolls... I enjoyed my pie this year without a shred of guilt (or the accompanying slice of agony.)

Shown are "Clean Eating's" sweet potato souffl with roasted garlic and rosemary, apple and fig stuffing, beet and green bean salad (to which we added goat cheese), and a fig-stuffed turkey roast from the Sunset "Complete Book of Low-Fat Cooking" (a garage sale find from many years ago). My mother-in-law brought a delicious bacon and broccoli salad. I kept it all and didn't ask if she wanted to take any home!

I had so much help from everyone this year, I had time to drag David to a "turkey trot" Thanksgiving morning, which I hope to do every year. Hope yours was as happy as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment